This is a very easy recipe that our little ones can try (with a little help), and is so yummy. We made a gluten-free one that’s in the photo.
You will need…
• Cooking oil spray
• Baking paper
• Loose bottomed cake tin (26cm diameter)
• 150g reduced-fat table spread
• 3/4 cup brown sugar
• 3 eggs
• 3/4 cup polenta
• 3/4 cup self-raising flour (can be swapped for gluten-free)
• 2 tablespoons almond meal
• 1 large orange, zested, juiced
• 1 tablespoon icing sugar, to dust
• Low-fat Greek yoghurt for serving.
• Preheat oven to 180°C. Lightly spray cake tin with oil and line with baking paper.
• Mix together spread and sugar.
• Beat in eggs.
• Fold in polenta, flour, almond meal, orange zest, and juice from half the orange.
• Spoon mixture into the cake tin and bake for 25 minutes, or until firm to touch.
• Allow to cool for 5 minutes before removing from the baking tin.
• Use a fork to prick the surface of the cake (all over)
• Pour remaining orange juice over the cake and allow the cake to absorb the juice for about 5 minutes.
Dust with icing sugar. Serve each slice with yoghurt.
#melbournechildren #coronavirusactivities #stayathome #kidsactivitiesmelbourne #selfisolate #keepingkidsbusy #familyisolation #activitiesfortoddlers #toddlerplayideas #playathometoday #earlyyearslearning #playathomemummy #earlyyearseducation #simpleplay #isoactivities #isolationwithkids #kidsinlockdown #australia #yummy #weekendfood #polenta #polentacake