Yummy macaroni cheese, a dish that’s so forgotten, There are many different ways to make it, here’s a basic recipe.
You will need:
• 375 g packet dried macaroni
• 50g butter
• 1/3 cup (50 g) flour
• 3 ½ cups (875 ml) milk
• 2 cups (240g) tasty cheese, grated
• salt and pepper
1. Prepare the pasta using the cooking directions on the packet.
2. In a large saucepan, melt butter and add flour over medium heat. Stir constantly with a wooden spoon until it gathers into a dough. Continue to stir for another minute or so. This begins to cook the flour.
3. Add a little milk – about ¼ cup. This will turn quickly into the dough and will once again come away from the sides of the pan and look like dough. Once this happens you can add another ¼ cup milk and repeat until all the milk has been added.
Add cheese and stir until it melts, season with salt and pepper.
4. Stir the pasta through the cheese sauce.
You can top with breadcrumbs and grated cheese and bake until golden and bubbling, or add tuna, shallots, bacon, corn, sliced tomato, mushrooms…anything!
#melbournechildren #coronavirusactivities #stayathome #kidsactivitiesmelbourne #selfisolate #keepingkidsbusy #familyisolation #activitiesfortoddlers #toddlerplayideas #playathometoday #earlyyearslearning #playathomemummy #earlyyearseducation #simpleplay #isoactivities #isolationwithkids #kidsinlockdown #yummy #saturdayfood #maccheese #macaronicheese