Oven-baked polenta chips. Here’s a quick and easy recipe for our little ones to try, a yummy snack for all the family to enjoy.
You will need
- 400 ml organic vegetable stock
- 150 g quick-cook polenta , plus 2 tablespoons for dusting
- 40 g Parmesan cheese , plus extra to serve
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- olive oil
- Dips of your choice
- Bring the stock to the boil and slowly whisk in the polenta, stirring constantly. Add a pinch of salt and, after a few minutes, once thickened, finely grate in the Parmesan and stir in the oregano.
- Pour into a greased and lined 20cm square tin and pop in the fridge to chill and firm up, about 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 220ºC.
- Cut the chilled polenta into chips and brush with 2 tablespoons of olive oil. Dust with the extra polenta. Arrange on a greased baking tray in a single layer and bake for 30 minutes, or until crisp and golden.
- Serve the hot polenta chips with some extra Parmesan grated on top.
#weekendfood #recipeideas #yummy #polenta #melbournechildren #coronavirusactivities #stayathome #kidsactivitiesmelbourne #selfisolate #keepingkidsbusy #familyisolation #activitiesfortoddlers #toddlerplayideas #playathometoday #earlyyearslearning #playathomemummy #earlyyearseducation #simpleplay #chips