Swim 2 u
Melbourne Swimming Lessons
Hello and welcome to Swim 2 u. Take the stress out of swimming lessons and let us come to you…
Based in Melbourne, Swim 2 u offers a unique five-star service, teaching swimming and water safety in the privacy and convenience of your home pool. Children feel more comfortable in familiar surroundings. which encourages a more confident and relaxed environment for learning, with faster progression in all aquatic environments.
As a mother of two, I understand the importance of swimming and water safety. Water is a way of life in Australia; not only are we blessed with the natural beauty of our beaches, creeks and rivers, we are also surrounded by backyard pools. Swimming lessons are a necessity, a life skill for all children. After training as an Austswim teacher of swimming and water safety in 2012, I launched Swim 2 u in January 2014 and haven’t looked back. Swim 2 u has helped so many wonderful children overcome their fears, put their eyes and face into the water, learn to swim, understand water safety but most all, enjoy the water.
Our qualified teachers bring all the equipment to you and structure the lessons to suit your child’s needs and abilities. It can’t get any easier!
We look forward to helping your child learn a skill for life.
Let us come to you!
- Melbourne CBD
- Northern suburbs
- Eastern suburbs
- Southeastern suburbs
swim 2 u
Mobile Swim School
Swim 2 u is a Silver Austswim recognised swim school and a Swim and Survive Partner.
A Swim and Survive Partner is a preferred, quality deliverer of the Swim and Survive programme that works together with Royal Life Saving to deliver key water safety messages.
Certificates are awarded throughout the swim terms when new levels are completed.
Why Swim 2 u?
Austswim Silver Swim School
Swim and Survive Licensee
Loving Caring Swim Teachers
Pick Your Time
30 Minute Lesson
Maximum 3 children.
Lessons are booked per term.
Share the time
Share the cost
with siblings or friends.
swim and survive programme
Swim and Survive is a national swimming and water safety initiative of Royal Life Saving that teaches children essential life-skills in swimming, water safety and personal survival. Swim and Survive’s unique programme pathway progresses through each of the key life stages and is designed to keep children engaged, actively learning and most importantly having fun.
National Benchmark For a 6-year-old child.
- Identify rules for safe behaviour in and around home aquatic environments.
- Fall in entry and recover.
- Float on back for 30 seconds.
- Tread water for 30 seconds.
- Swim 10 metres freestyle with breathing.
- Swim 5 metres backstroke.
- Swim 5 metres survival backstroke kick.
- Swim through a submerged obstacle.
- Identify people and actions to help in an aquatic emergency.
- Be rescued with a buoyant aid.
- Perform a survival sequence to simulate an accidental entry.
Can Your child Swim?
National Benchmark For a 12-year-old child.
- Understand and follow safety rules for aquatic environments.
- Dive in entry.
- Enter and exit the water in a range of environments wearing light clothing.
- Float, scull or tread water for 2 minutes and signal for help.
- Swim 75 metres freestyle.
- Swim 75 metres backstroke.
- Swim 50 metres survival backstroke.
- Swim 50 metres breaststroke.
- Surface dive, swim underwater for up to 3 metres and search to recover an object in deep water.
- Respond to an emergency and perform a primary assessment.
- Throw rescue 10 metres using a weighted and unweighted rope.
- Perform a survival sequence wearing light clothing.
Swearwear & Swim Equipment
Learn To Swim
Swearwear & Swim Equipment
PCYC Street Smart handbook
Swim 2 u is a proud supporter of the Police Citizen’s Youth Club of Victoria Street Smarthandbook. The Street Smarthandbook is a practical life guide for 16 and 17-year-old school leavers that is designed to help prepare today’s youth for life after school.
Monday-Friday: 7am – 7pm
Sunday & Public Holidays: Closed/No lessons